Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Sicily Touchdown

I'm finally catching back up with everything here at home and tonight started sorting through some of my picks from Sicily. Wow, what a trip! I highly recommend it for a cultural, hiking, rock climbing, scuba diving, relaxing, beachy, gastric and party type holiday ;-)

The flight into Palermo is awesome as you get a great first impression of what the mainland is like with the landing strip squeexed between the coast on one side and a mountain range on the other. My touristy side caught the better of me and I asked for a pick the second I climbed down out the back of the plane:



Radio reception was pretty touch and go around much of the island, but when you could get it nothing beat the sweet rockin' tunes of Radio Margherita!



More pics to come as soon as I can get them formatted and ordered. Did I mention not a drop of rain the entire time?! :-)