Wednesday, December 24, 2003

The World Junior Championships of hockey are held every year from December 26th until the first week of January and is the best hockey of the year. Here's a good site with the listing of past winners and links for other information like tournament records. I'm so excited I could almost pee my pants... oh my, I have to go now...

It really is Russia vs. Canada as the big boys of the hockey world.

Sidenote: the wins from the old soviet union are a little misleading because those were professional militarily based teams where it was not true amateurs but paid professionals. They were even caught one year with forging documents to use overage players! Either way a big shout out to our partner in crime Russia and good luck for what's shapping up to be another fantastic tournament.

Sidenote 2: If it is Canada vs. Russia in the gold medal game (if Russia can manage to meet us there :-) then I will be throwing a party for the game.

Go Canada Go!!!