Friday, April 02, 2004

Why do I use my blog as a posting for forwards that I typically hate but cannot stop but read?

An Australian, an Irishman and an American were sitting in a bar. There was only one other person in the bar. The three men kept looking at this other man, as he seemed terribly familiar. They stared and stared, wondering where they had seen him before when suddenly the Irishman cried out, "My God! I know who that man is - it's Jesus!" The others looked again, and sure enough, it was Jesus himself, sitting alone at a table. The Irishman calls out across the lounge: "Hey! Hey, you! Are you Jesus?" Jesus looks over at him, smiles a small smile and nods his head. "Yes, I am Jesus," he says. Well, the Irishman calls the bartender over and says to him: "I'd like you to give Jesus over there a pint of Guinness from me." The bartender pours Jesus a Guinness. Jesus looks over, raises his glass in thanks and drinks.

Then the Australian calls out: "Oi you! D'ya reckon you're Jesus or what?" Jesus nods and says: "Yes, I am Jesus". The Australian is mightily impressed and has the bartender send over a glass of Fosters for Jesus, which Jesus accepts with pleasure.

The American then calls out: "Yall would be Jesus?" Jesus smiles and says: "Yes, I am Jesus". The American beckons the bartender and tells him to send over a pint of Bud for Jesus, which the bartender duly does. As before, Jesus accepts the drink and smiles over at the table.

Finally, after finishing the drinks, Jesus leaves his seat and approaches our three friends. He reaches for the hand of the Irishman and shakes it, thanking him for the Guinness. When he lets go, the Irishman gives a cry of amazement: "Oh God! The arthritis is gone! The arthritis I've had for years is gone! It's a miracle!!!" Jesus then shakes the Australian's hand, thanking him for the lager. Upon letting go, the Australian's eyes widen in shock. "By jingo mate, the migraine! The migraine I've had 40 years is completely gone - it's a miracle!!!"

Jesus then goes to approach the American, who says: "Back off man! I'm on Disability!"