Sunday, May 07, 2006

That's Not Rain

I was told prior to the weekend that it'd be a wet couple of days. Not so, I originally had this great plan to cross off a bunch of stuff that had been lingering on my to do like posting a bunch of stuff and also cut down the stack (digital "stack" in fact) of links I've been meaning to get to.

Again, not to be.

Yesturday was beautiful. Today is beautiful. Yesturday I took it in, assuming that I'd resume the list parring today, but today is amazing too. I've already hit the trail for 2 hours this morning and came back with some fresh groceries I picked up on the way for an amazing lunch. I've got to get back out there. Sorry folks, the e-mails and posts are going to have to wait. I'll post a pic later tonight when I get back.

Enjoy the last of your weekend everyone! :-)

Update: Just got back, come step into my day... starting with the path into one of Hamilton's many parks and trails, this one along the escarpment in the opposite direction that I usually take from the downtown. Yes, this is the start right from downtown, about a 2 min walk from my appartment and a 5 minute walk from my work. For those of you with a math degree like me you'll know that I live a 3 minute walk from work, no joke. Welcome to Canada:



I wasn't the only one enjoying the day, there was about 20 of these small birds enjoying the sun. Unfortunatly only one of them had the balls to stick around after I scared most away trying to get my camera out:



The trail was rocking, I could have gone for the rest of the night but my stomack had different ideas (I'll certainly bring some extra snacks next time!). The long hikes this weekend have definatly given some time to put some things into perspective, including some upcoming projects both in my professional and private life. More to come soon, which path will YOU choose? :-)



I hope you all took advantage of the day. Time to wrap mine up with a nice BBQ steak, cold beer and (hopefully) an Oilers second round game 1 win :-)

Cheers.