Sunday, October 10, 2004

I've been meaning to get around to reading Eric Sink's "Comments on the 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing" in which he adds commentary from the point of view of a small software developer. Well sitting in my room on this rainy Sunday afternoon procrastinating I finally got to it and was not disappointed. It's definatly worth a read, it summarizes the book and adds valuable commentary. I especially liked his takes on taking the energy you would have spent on long term planning and use it to make sure your company is flexible (adaptability to change) due to the unpredictability of the future.

I wish all books had "coles notes" type reviews like this, it's much better for my chocolate deficient attention span. :-) I'd like to read the book now which fleshes out these ideas and provides many examples but I doubt I'll ever get to it and doubt I would derive an commesurate amount of value from it.