Sunday, February 27, 2005

Another bright and sunny day! I mean really, does this place even have winter?? What was everyone worrying about? Besides the first day in which there was a huge snowstorm (of course since I had to carry my bags), life in Salt Lake has been warmer than the mederterainian (11 degrees celcius today).

Last week I had a couple days of vacation here in Salt Lake which allowed me to check out some of the nightlife downtown. If you've got a hunger on and are in the area I highly recommend:

The Bohemian Brewery and Grill.



We checked this American style German cuisine pub out and although the hefe was watered down and reletively tasteless [I guess I' just used to the rel deal ;-)] the food was unbelieveable! They custom ordered my meal because I wanted the BBQ chicken and Spetzle (which was hand made and unbelieveable). The meal was so good I was craving it the rest of the weekend. Tuesday's is $2 pints and $6 pitchers, can't beat that!

The other place to check out if you're in the mood for a high quality burger and beer is Squatters.

Once again the beer was average at best however the burgers were UNBELIEVABLY good! I got the Squatters special burger which might just be the best burger I've ever had, and I heard great things about the roast turkey burger as well.

Of course I also was able to get to university students favorite "The Pie Pizzeria". Best pizza in town, great atmosphere and tunes. It's located just off campus (the south side so it's at least a 25 minute walk from the residences) and I don't spend near enough time there as I should.

So if you're in the neighbourhood check these places out to squash your hunger... and let me know if you find a tasty beer joint ;-)